Just a reminder of the next club event. Marquetarians of the Carolinas will demonstrate our craft and offer items for sale and display at the Klingspor Woodworking Extravaganza in Hickory, NC on October 25-26. The hours are 9-6 on Friday and 9-4 on Saturday. Info on the show is available at http://www.woodworkingextravaganza.com
Our booth display also offers the opportunity for members to show items For Sale as well as items Not For Sale and to interact with visitors who may be interested in our art form. It is an excellent opportunity to recruit prospective members and to provide general information.
The success of our club depends on an ACTIVE membership. Volunteers are needed to work our booth on both days for all time slots. A few members have indicated their willingness to work our booth but, response has been light. If you are available and would like to participate, please respond to this email stating the times you can assist. If you can assist, but need a saw for the day, I can provide upon request. Just let me know NLT Oct 23.
Our next regularly scheduled meeting is on November 2 in Fletcher. If you would like to present or demo for this meeting, let me know. Details for this meeting will be sent to you very soon.
Hope to see you at both events.
See our meeting schedule below. Anyone with an interest in marquetry is welcome to attend our meetings!
2019 Meeting Schedule
Unless otherwise noted, meetings are 10a.m. to about 2 p.m. Reminders will be sent via email approximately 1 week prior to meeting dates with additional information including presentation info and addresses.
Our meeting schedule for 2020 (yes, it’s almost here!!) will be posted shortly. Please consider suggesting or conducting a presentation during the coming year. Your active participation in our club is needed to make it a success.
Oct 25-26 Klingspor Extravaganza Marquetry Booth, Hickory, NC
Nov 2 Club Meeting Klingspor Store, Fletcher, NC
- Longtime club member and good friend Richard Whitley passed away August 1, 2019. He had been in failing health in recent months, and is survived by his daughter Sharon. Richard was well known for his beautiful knife cutting marquetry work, and will be missed by all. On behalf of the club, a donation was made to the Beverly Hills Food Bank in Asheville, as requested in Richard’s obituary.
- Wildwood Acres is currently being evaluated as a possible retreat for the club. More information to follow!
- Beth Woody presented a week long class at John Campbell Folk School July 7-13. The Campbell website is: www.folkschool.org) and more details on classes can be found at: https://classes.folkschool.org/
- Entry Level Marquetry Class: was conducted at the Klingspor’s Woodworking Store in Fletcher on Feb 2, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. We had a great turnout for this class taught by Charlie Brown!
- Oct 25-26 Klingspor Extravaganza, Hickory, NC